BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 15, 2009

MOOM All-Natural Hair Removal System - Review!

After having my bimonthly eyebrow wax done, I began to wonder....why couldn't I just do this myself and save the $30 a month? I was a little nervous - I've never really been able to inflict pain upon myself (except once in college when I was drunk and I pierced my own nose...but that's another story!). But eyebrow waxing doesn't really hurt that much. It's actually better than ripping off a band-aid. So I did some research on the products available and this is what I found.

If you're new to the whole at home waxing dealie-bob, then your best bet is to buy something small - preferably a trial sized or travel sized version. You don't want to be out $20 or more because you don't like the product or you can't wax yourself!

After a few hours of research, I decided on the MOOM waxing system. For one thing, it's all-natural. It contains NO WAX! It's made purely from organic sugar ingredients. Cool, right? And you don't have to heat the stuff to make it work either. The linen strips are reusable AND washable - since it's made from sugar, the "wax" washes right off. So that's a little less trash to throw in a landfill and a little less petroleum to be made and used. The MOOM travel kit is perfect if you're just going to wax your eyebrows, upper lip, and/or chin area. It comes with a 1.6 fl oz jar of wax (which will last awhile), 2 wooden spreading sticks which are small enough that they apply the product pretty precisely, and 6 good-sized linen strips which are reusable.

Before starting, make sure your skin is dry and well hydrated. Don't wax areas that are extremely sensitive or have open sores or rashes. You'll also want to have a damp washcloth on hand to remove any wax that's leftover or is placed wrong.

Now, using this product is a little tricky at first. It's pretty thick and goopy. Read the directions but don't follow them perfectly. For example, my directions suggested to wax the upper lip that you apply an amount about the size of a pea. That was way too much! The thinner the layer of wax you apply, the better! So use as little as possible.

The trick is to spread on a thin layer, hold the area taut, place on the linen strip, rub with finger 3 times briskly, and rip off strip AGAINST the hair growth - so if hair grows down, rip the strip upwards - and do it in a fast motion.

Once you get the hang of it, it really works! And what's weird is that it hurts much less that hair removal with regular wax. I think it's because the MOOM doesn't adhere to the skin as much as regular wax so when you rip the strip off, it only rips hairs out and not the top layer of skin like wax does.

I highly recommend that you try this product. It is messy and goopy but it's no worse than regular wax! It's much better actually. This product only cost $9.95. If you buy it at Beauty Bridge you will also get FREE shipping in the USA. No promo required, it's their policy. It only took about a week for shipping as it's shipped via USPS which isn't bad. If you have any questions about this product, let me know!

(P.S. - Before you do this, you should have your brows professionally shaped. If your brows haven't been groomed in a while, then you should have them reshaped. In the very least, use an eyeliner to draw on the outline of the brow you want and wax all the hairs outside the line)

0 comments:

Email Subscriptions

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Join My Community!

Join My Community at MyBloglog!