BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My New Clarisonic Face Brush!


I am SO excited! Never in my life have I splurged like this. To me, buying a name brand product (Neutrogena, Pantene, Biore, etc) over a store brand product is a splurge. The only time in my life when I bought more expensive salon products was when I managed a salon for about a year. If it hadn't been for the somewhat decent paycheck and the dicount, I probably wouldn't have bought it. And it was still a big deal!

But anyway, I bought the Clarisonic brush online from Face, Etc. and I just received it today! First of all, I bought it from them because they offered FREE and fast shipping. I was tempted to buy it from Amazon, but the only free shipping they offer is the super saver shipping which takes forever! Face, Etc. sent my Clarisonic via FedEx ground and requested that it be signed for - which is nice because I don't like having my (expensive) packages left on my doorstep for potential theives! I ordered it last thursday (5/14) and it came today (5/19) which is pretty fast. If I'd ordered it one or two days earlier, it probably would have come on Friday!

So, the brush comes with a docking cradle, a sensitive brush head, instructions, and 3 samples of different cleansers. Face, Etc. also sent SEVERAL samples of various products along with the brush - the amount of samples were quite surprising!

As for the brush - it's amazing. Anyone who can afford one should buy one. I know that QVC was selling the brush and offering the easy pay option - they divide the cost of the brush into 4 or 5 montly payments which helps make the brush more affordable.

The Clarisonic uses sonic technology (like the Phillips SonicCare Toothbrush) to remove makeup, dirt, and dead skin from your pores which helps your other products (such as moisturizer, acne treatments, and anti-aging treatments) absorb better. It's proven that it removes 6 times more makeup than traditional superficial cleansing. And it's true! I have hormonal acne breakouts every month - some worse than others. I had a bad one this month and I had to wear a lot of makeup to cover it. My goal is to not have to wear such heavy makeup - I want to be able to wear none or at the very least, a tinted moisturizer with powder. I decided to put the clarisonic to the test. First, I "removed" my makeup how I usually do: Wetting my face and scrubing my skin with my cleanser. I rinsed my face. Then, I used the Clarisonic (without cleanser, just a damb brush head) and went over my face with it for the recommended times. Makeup was still coming off! I could see it on the brush head and it was turning the water on my face tan colored! Amazing.

After I was done using the brush, I looked at my face in the mirror. My acne spots were lighter in color - not quite as red as they were before. My face felt really smooth, almost buttery soft - like a baby's bottom lol. My huge pores on and around my nose looked less visible and my blackheads looked better! Wow. Then I applied my moisturizer with salicylic acid. Since I cleaned my face with that brush I haven't felt oily at all - and my face usually gets oily fast after I clean it. In fact, it still feels really clean and it's 6 hours later!

So far, I'm really impressed with this brush. It's very gentle on the skin and it almost relaxes you. It does feel a little weird when you clean your nose area with it though. I am hoping that when I go to the zoo with my family this summer (June 24th) I won't have to wear much makeup. I hate when you have to wear a ton of makeup and it's hot outside and you're sweating and you just know that your face probably looks awful...but it's either look splotchy and weird with sweaty, runny makeup OR look like a leper with dark circles, acne, wrinkles, and sun spots! Decisions, decisions!

Anyway, I will keep posting updates on my journey with the Clarisonic.

Oh, also - if you have any questions about the Clarisonic or anything like that, make sure to post them! I'd love to answer them for you!

If you can't afford the Clarisonic or you just don't want to spend that kind of money, there is another electric facial brush available. It's called the iSkin Pore Perfecting System and it's sold at Sally's Beauty Supply and you can purchase it online or in stores. From what I've heard, it's not as good as the Clarisonic but it's better than plain, old manual cleansing! Compare it to toothbrushes - a Clarisonic is like the expensive Phillips SonicCare toothbrush. Manual cleansing is like a plain, old fashioned toothbrush. And the iSkin is like the Oral-B CrossAction or Crest Spin Brush elecric toothbrushes. I haven't personally used this brush, but it has a lot of good reviews...and hey, it's only $30. Plus, it's gotta be better than the traditional way!

0 comments:

Email Subscriptions

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Join My Community!

Join My Community at MyBloglog!